In this post you will learn how to signup for apple id without credit card. Remember before you can download any app to your iPad, iPhone etc whether paid or free from the Apple store it is mandatory that you provide a valid Apple ID and before you can signup for apple ID you will need to provide a valid credit card.
In most cases you even provide a credit card and it gets rejected like in my case. I tried downloading an app to my iPad 2, went through the registration process but my credit card got rejected for no reason. But I later figured out how to actually signup for apple ID without credit card.
I have included screenshots I took from my iPad to help you learn how to signup for apple ID without credit card.
So here’s how to get started:-
How to Sign Up for Apple ID without Credit Card
1. Open the Apple store on your iPad
2. Enter a search for any app you will like to download from the apple store
3. At the right hand side of the app listing click on “free”, and it turns to INSTALL
4. Click install and you will be prompted to sign up for apple id or sign in using Existing Apple ID, choose the option that reads “Create New Apple ID”
5. Confirm your country/region, here I selected United States (that’s what worked for me) because I heard they are some applications that have country restriction – so the choice is yours
6. Now here is where the magic comes in, if you selected a Country like United States on the next page you will see all the billing information including Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover etc depending on the country of your choice.
7. If you want to sign up for apple id without credit card choose the “None” option.
This will allow you signup on apple store without using any credit card, but when you are making your first purchase for a paid app you will be asked to provide a payment method.
I hope information serves you well.
This tutorial on how to sign up for apple id without credit card is offered just the way it worked for me. If it doesn’t work for you then you may use the comment form at the end of this page to provide your feedback. I will try my best to reply you!